Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Final Blog Post


This term as been quite a journey for me. I had never felt so inspired. I always thought drawing and painting did not come naturally for me and that I had to work really hard at it. I thought this art class was going to be look at the vase now draw it, now paint it. I was totally wrong. Every assignment we had was long and intricate. What I like about this class is its very free to adjust to everyones comfort levels in art. Every assignment turned out different and all the assignments had a meaningful point to them. There was no assignment that was just to draw a person. The assignment would be draw a person as a hero with some sort of meaning to yourself. One thing I did miss from Art Principles was the drop everything and draw day. I feel like I learned most on those days. All of the art projects I completed I was completely surprised by. With every project I struggled to come up with an idea. Some of the projects took me days. Looking back on all my completed art I can realized they every final piece is different from each other. No assignment was the same. I feel like I new know so much more about myself as an artist. I know that if I stick with an idea and give it more then 5 minutes before getting frustrated that I can actually come up with strong ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment